 Off-Topic / Fun / 10106
Re: Hear! Hear!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.fun
Date:
Tue, 14 Jan 2003 02:19:25 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.fun, David Simmons writes (after some snippage):

These films have been done so well and with such obvious love for the source
material, I'm astounded that anyone can criticise them as harshly as some
have done.  Granted, I have some problems with them myself in parts, but
these are vastly outweighed by how utterly fantastic everything else has
been acheived.

Seek the joy.

Think about it, people.  These films could have been MUCH worse.  They could
have been like the new Star Wars!

Dave (who laughs in the face of Lucas sychophants)

Extremely well said, Dave and Allan!

One never knows whether to trust the material one gets on DVDs as filler and
background but I for one really have to believe what Jackson said in the
background on my copy of the first movie... that there was NOTHING he'd
rather be doing or making than this trilogy, that everyone involved wanted
to get it as right as could be, and that it couldn't have been done prior to
now at this scale, nor with this vast scope, even with the huge budget they had.

It fills me with great joy that these movies are making buckets of money,
perhaps the studios will, for once, draw the right lessons and give us more
high quality stuff and less schlock.

Those who know me know I enjoy a good nitpick as much as the next fellow,
and maybe more, but I have no overall bone to pick here. I plan to see all
three in cinemas and can hardly wait till all three are available on DVD so
I can watch them all in a row.