 Castle / 15586
Re: Help with construction detail
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Sun, 19 Jan 2003 01:11:53 GMT

In lugnet.castle, Tanya K. Burkhart writes:

I'm in need of some suggestions as to how to attach this helicopter rotor:

http://guide.lugnet.com/set/5031

to a Technic axle.

Hi. I'd recommend using a rubber band. I've had good success using rubber
bands between motors and gear assemblies, and I can't see why it wouldn't
work here. A long rubber band would allow concealing the drive mechanism
from the rotor if you wish. It also has the advantage of slipping, if
accidentally, the rotor hits an obstacle and can't turn freely.

Cary