 Castle / 15584
Re: Help with construction detail
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Sun, 19 Jan 2003 01:03:14 GMT

In lugnet.castle, Tanya K. Burkhart writes:
FUT ---> .castle only

Hi, folks!

I'm in need of some suggestions as to how to attach this helicopter rotor:

http://guide.lugnet.com/set/5031

to a Technic axle.  The rotor is designed to fit on a pin and spin freely,
I'd like to use it as the base for the vanes of a windmill and connect it
mechanically to a waterwheel below, which means axles and gears.

Any suggestions; whether they be just plain brilliant, semi-inspired, or off
the top of your head; would be appreciated.

Tatyana

First off, there don't sem to be any sort of larger
technic axles to facilitate the use of these rotors
other than the red 'seated' axles in the kit itself.
I would prefer you use this part instead.

http://www.bricklink.com/catalogItem.asp?P=2479

It can be used in conjunction with normal
technic axles, and half the headache of
using the older version.

Hope that helps.

<<_Matt Hein_>>