 Castle / 15529
Re: Securities Firm and Statue Maker's Marketplace
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Fri, 10 Jan 2003 00:29:39 GMT

In lugnet.castle, Josh Wedin writes:
Hey Nathan,

Very neat MOCs.  I especially like the statue makers shop.  Now I really
have to build one of my own, since you and Lenny have done one!  The
securities firm almost looks like it could be a gate to me.  Maybe the
entrance to your market?  The alley it opens on to is the size of my market
roads.  Good job with your shops!

Build On,
Josh

       Thanks much (and sorry for the late reply... I've been off line
recently). The securities firm was originaly going to be one tower with
another shop on the other side before I got the idea for what you see. Had I
created it more logicaly I would have added a gate.

        Thanks and God Bless,

                   Nathan
In lugnet.castle, Nathan Todd writes:
   Hi all,

        Here are two more medieval marketplaces. First off is the
Securities Firm.

     http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=30473 (all ready
moderated).

       This is a new concept for the marketplace, being both an extra wide
store and two corner stores facing in. I figured it would be a cool edition
to a street because you could use it to ajoin an ally or road.
       It's two towers contain (no relation to LOTR intended), as well as a
guard garrison, a general bank (right tower) where you can deposit money and
get a reciept from the scribe:
http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?i=293448 and
and (in the left tower) a private deposit box area, accesible at will, for
the rich with excessive valuables:
       http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?i=293455 and
       http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?i=293457 .

      The walk through point:
       http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?i=293460 is standard
marketplace road width and could also be used to join a bigger street (like
mine) to a more normal marketplace row).

       Second there is the Statue Maker's:

  A simple sculptur of heroic images for rich customers. This corner store
isn't so well made but I still like it and it fits my street. (Pics of my
whole village coming after I post the rest of my models.)

         PLMKWYT and God Bless,

                   Nathan