 Castle / 15429
Re: Securities Firm and Statue Maker's Marketplace
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Thu, 2 Jan 2003 20:10:33 GMT

In lugnet.castle, Nathan Todd writes:

   Hi all,

        Here are two more medieval marketplaces. First off is the
Securities Firm.

     http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=30473 (all ready
moderated).

Nice! I like how you divided the shop into two
halves, with a shafted style of building on the
inside. Very intriguing.

I also found it very interesting on how both
sides of the store intersect through the
middle, and the fact that passers-by could simply
bypass the shop walking through the center. I
think this would make for a rather nice gate
into a marketplace/ town square for a medieval
village.

       This is a new concept for the marketplace, being both an extra wide
store and two corner stores facing in. I figured it would be a cool edition
to a street because you could use it to ajoin an ally or road.
       It's two towers contain (no relation to LOTR intended), as well as a
guard garrison, a general bank (right tower) where you can deposit money and
get a reciept from the scribe:

Hmm...one of the scenes is rather blurry. (I can
still make it out, though.) As usual, the use of
a plume for a quill bodes nicely. (Also like those
ever-useful 2 x 2 scroll tiles.)

<snippped>

A rather interesting model at that. I anticipate
to see your completed village sometime soon.

<<_Matt Hein_>>
Fellow lego enthusiast
O s p r e y