 Castle / 15561
Re: How many bad men are good
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Mon, 13 Jan 2003 04:24:39 GMT

In lugnet.castle, Daniel Ravenda writes:
Hey there my friends. I just thought to myself you know theres so much talk
about Lotr I had to get in somthing different because frankly I am not a fan
of haveing like 900 threads to post because it just gets boring talking
about da same old thing. So i figured my story is coming along well and in
the the end lets just say I am planning on making a big battle.

So far, it sounds pretty interesting, but
do you have any links to it by any chance?
(I'd like to sample the reading and give you
feedback.)

I have a good # of good guys like 120 give or take a fig.

That's a sufficient magnitude of forces, so I
don't really believe you'll need any more than
that. That's even more castle figs than I
have in my collection. (which is a result of
my rather limited budget. We'll leave it at
that, shall we? :)

But my bad army is not quite built.
Now I got the dragon knight army but I still need orc/goblin and undead plus
summonned monsters. Now I got like 16 Dobbys as elves and dont know how many
Gammorian gaurds I should get to be orcs. I am also getting 4 tiger people
and 7 trolls. Last I have the unstoppable odin.

Depending if you really need them, a whole load
of skeletons wouldn't make for the best force, so
It's good to see you're diversifying. As for
dobby, I'm not too sure you would want him with
the enemy...he's not exactly intimidating any
more than a timmy figure, so I would place him
with your allied forces. Removing the dobbys,
how many enemy forces do you possess? (around
sixty or so isn't bad at all. You'll see why
later.)

The best idea would be to create your own
creatures from tentacle and hinged pieces
until you have something totally unique.
This would prove well because you'd need
less of the custom enemies if one of them could
take on say four or five opponents. (which
saves you time throwing money at minifigures
and dragons.)

Now heres wear I need help
How many orcs do you think I need
How many skeleton zombies
How man dark raiths do you think I need. I'm thinking like 5 or 6 cause 9 is
taking it from Lotr and you dont want an army of em.

No need to take from Lotr. Instead of using
the standard 'cookie cutter' wraiths, why not
create your own 'breed' of enemies.

What other summons (like from Final Fantasy and mytholigy) can you make out
of lego. I think Ferin the wolf Thor and well you guys have to have some
other ideas.

Summons are tight, no doubt about it. Yes, I
encourage you go for those mainly. (use a
leviathan variant for enemy generals. Bahamut
would also work very well. Adds to the
'intimidation' factor and that's something
you'll definitely want.) Valkyries and Odines
are particularly easy.

<<_Matt Hein_>>
Fellow lego enthusiast
O s p r e y