 Castle / 15589
Re: roll call (27 more needed?)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Sun, 19 Jan 2003 04:16:23 GMT

In lugnet.castle, Tanya K. Burkhart writes:
In lugnet.castle, Matt Hein writes:

Does the structure fold open, or require
disassembly for access?

A combination - or it will be.  That's the plan, anyway.  The entire
"basement" (the level where the moat would be if I had more space to spread
out) is a very solid structure, but the towers and buildings will have
spaces that open.  I'm considering some modular buildings that lift entirely
out of the main castle

The detail sounds pretty good
though,

Thank you - detail is what's draining my bank account, though!

I can already see a heavy influence of Hogwarts on what's being built, since
that's where most of my parts are coming from right now.  That's okay,
though, I had already started on a mixed-color castle.  I wish sand-red 1x1
round bricks existed, 'cause I could use some to go with the sand-blue,
sand-green, and tan I already have mixed into the walls.

To avoid drawing off a potentially
money purging supply of light grey bricks,
I've decided to base my work off oriental
and american architecture instead. There's
a slightly less emphasis on large quantities
of bricks, and more use on decorative
elements.

Pictures???

Can't wait to see those pictures!

I just hope they are semi-okay.

Tanya

Hi, Tanya!
Im glad my bringing back the roll call did something. Welcome to Loyal to
Castle!
I am familier with the Midevil Marketplace. (i currently do not want to
participate, however.)
Dont feel bad about not having same colored castle bricks. recently, i have
been trying to color code my buildings, but it doesnt work.
My buildins would have alot of detail, but im too lazy to get out my buckets
of special peices. (not always-i just have small working area, and
not much room for more than what im building and my main supply of blocks.)
My most recent buildings, a gaurdhouse, a tower, a street, and the gatehouse
of a much larger city (which i will not build, because i only need a few
pictures out of what i am building.) is totally disco colored.
Red,white,green,brown,yellow,black, and any other color lego has is mixed in.
I am making up for my pictures and buildings by the story im writing.
(My makeshift website should be up soon!)
i am totally with you for a large project. perhaps a add on to the marketplace?

But agian, Welcome to castle. i hope you have a fun time here.

Aramir