 Castle / 15588
Re: ROLL CALL! 78! 78! 78! 78! 78! 78!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Sun, 19 Jan 2003 04:25:43 GMT

<snippity-snip>
MOC postings might also draw some attention
to the castle roll call effort. As of current,
I'm working on modelling a rendition of a
dragon, so that should be unveiled sometime
in the near future.

<<_Matt Hein_>>
Fellow lego enthusiast

O s p r e y

Well,
There's the rub.
We are all here in Castle because we cannot quell our excitement for bygone
realms of fantasy.
We all seem to be "modelling some rendition...that should be unveiled in the
future" to quote Sir Hein.
Most of these models are Castles, no secret there.
But they are so very large, time consuming and grand in nature that we are
working toward an end and never communicating the process.
Always we are searching for that elusive moment when our creation is "COMPLETE."
Our problem is as I have said that we do not communicate the process of
building.
Suddenly a MOC appears, but what about the drama of the creation?
I have a proposal here:
What if all of us Dungeon Dwellers in Castle post photos in our Brickshelf
folders, websites or wherever the Kingdom resides as we work?  Write a small
note here and share ideas.
I may complete a small bit of some creation over a night or weekend and then
show off the small progress and Neato Feature incorporated into the creation.
Then we could share the evolution, building process and goal we are working
on instead of becoming a pile of 78 hermits (Guilty!).  Perhaps
communication here in Castle is so lacking because we've not yet developed
all that new fangled tecknologee over in Space.
Any thoughts?
Cry havoc,
-Aaron-