 Castle / 15511
Re: MOC - Bowman Fields' Cottage
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Thu, 9 Jan 2003 03:23:27 GMT

In lugnet.castle, Josh Wedin writes:
Wow, Jeremiah!

I am impressed!  For your first castle building, this is quite good.  Heck,
this is good for someone's 50th castle building.  It is small but that makes
for a good challange.  You really fit everything needed in that little
space.  Quite an interesting guy, this Bowman Fields.  At first glance I was
a little disappointed because I didn't see the stairway and I thought,"He
can't get from one floor to the other."  But then I saw how you built it it
into the hinged area.  Really nice!  I wasn't expecting that.  You surprised
me!  Keep up the good building,

Josh

  Hey, thanks!

  Wow, such praise. I agree about small buildings being a challenge - I've
repeatedly attempted large castles and such, but I keep losing interest
halfway through the giant grey walls :) The advantage of building small is
that I can stay focused on little details throughout. Those stairs, for
instance, surprised me, too; I knew I wanted to open the walls somehow, but
I couldn't quite find the right spot until I thought to hinge it down the
middle of the stairwell.

-jeremiah-