 Castle / 15580
Re: roll call (27 more needed?)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Sat, 18 Jan 2003 23:57:22 GMT

In lugnet.castle, Tanya K. Burkhart writes:

Here's me...  Number 51, I suppose?

Alright, an addition already!

http://www.ozbricks.net/medievalmarket/

Maybe getting involved with that, or
something similar State-side would rev
things up around here.

.castle has been really slow with postings
lately, which was a surprise to me. Then
again, at least we can be thankful the
lack of posting isn't to the extent of
lugnet.underground or lugnet.harrypotter.

If you have any MOCs in the works, why not
post several of them?

I've got a project going right that's
making me pull my hair and wonder
where the *^%*^%*% all my bricks went.

And I'm working on both a dragon (that
completely ravaged my supply of clips)
and an oriental temple that may never
be completed due to my lack of slopes.

It's a castle (Doh! Really?!?) on four large gray baseplates and right now
all I have is the skeleton of the "basement" - a ring of BURPs and LURPs
around the perimeter and a network of columns and arches to support what
will eventually be the "ground" of the courtyard.
There is already storage for wine barrels down there (involving a LOT of
those little jumper plates), and a well, and there should be a dungeon and a
treasure room by the end of the weekend, I hope.  Need stairs to get down
there, too.

Does the structure fold open, or require
disassembly for access? I hope it's not
the latter. The detail sounds pretty good
though, which reminds me that I need to
purchase a lot of structural elements.
(The only potential source of castle
parts I have is a still assembled guarded
inn, and a small collection of new arches
and windows extracted from sets.) I have
quite a lot of parts to collect before I
can get the basic structure complete.

To avoid drawing off a potentially
money purging supply of light grey bricks,
I've decided to base my work off oriental
and american architecture instead. There's
a slightly less emphasis on large quantities
of bricks, and more use on decorative
elements.

So, most of it is only nine bricks high right now.  I'm starting to build up
the facade, it does actually have a working drawbridge, gate, and
portcullis, that section is twenty bricks tall, but only one or two studs
wide - there are no towers behind the wall yet.
Pictures soon of the work-in-progress, I hope.  I used up the last few shots
from the roll of Christmas film on my bricks, and will get them put on
CD-ROM when cash flow allows.

Can't wait to see those pictures!

Tatyana
Queen of her own little as-yet-unnamed Realm ;)

<<_Matt Hein_>>
Fellow lego enthusiast

O s p r e y