 Castle / 15578
Re: ROLL CALL! 78! 78! 78! 78! 78! 78!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Sat, 18 Jan 2003 23:36:45 GMT

Here's me...  Number 51, I suppose?

I was just at a site today, let me find it..... (checking browser history)

Okay, I guess it was Ozbricks (Hi, you Aussies!  Freezing my butt off up
here near Canada, can I come visit you guys?) they've got a marketplace
project going on that's pretty cool :

http://www.ozbricks.net/medievalmarket/

Maybe getting involved with that, or something similar State-side would rev
things up around here.

~~~~~~
I've got a project going right that's making me pull my hair and wonder
where the *^%*^%*% all my bricks went.

It's a castle (Doh! Really?!?) on four large gray baseplates and right now
all I have is the skeleton of the "basement" - a ring of BURPs and LURPs
around the perimeter and a network of columns and arches to support what
will eventually be the "ground" of the courtyard.

There is already storage for wine barrels down there (involving a LOT of
those little jumper plates), and a well, and there should be a dungeon and a
treasure room by the end of the weekend, I hope.  Need stairs to get down
there, too.

So, most of it is only nine bricks high right now.  I'm starting to build up
the facade, it does actually have a working drawbridge, gate, and
portcullis, that section is twenty bricks tall, but only one or two studs
wide - there are no towers behind the wall yet.

Pictures soon of the work-in-progress, I hope.  I used up the last few shots
from the roll of Christmas film on my bricks, and will get them put on
CD-ROM when cash flow allows.

Tatyana
Queen of her own little as-yet-unnamed Realm ;)

JEREMY - .castle since I came lugnet... .castle until I DIE!

Aramir
#37-Alex Polimeni-Likes other themes, loves his sword.