 CAD / Development / *9275 (-100)
  numbers report - 25 June 2002

"(URL) Totals 74 certified files. 152 files need admin review. <---[1] 187 files need more votes. 226 have uncertified subfiles. 121 held files. (760 files total...) [1]. Steve? Need some help? :-( Have you thought about recruiting some "jr." admins (...) (22 years ago, 25-Jun-02, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: can L3P have option to *NOT* give warning for "emphasis lines"?

Lars, I just wanted a way of letting a novice know that a color-16 line _might_ not be an _accident_ on the part of the author. A novice reviewer probably hasn't read your FAQ, and is just using the "File Check" option from the "Tools" page at the (...) (22 years ago, 25-Jun-02, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: question about subparts

(...) What he said... ;-) The _ONLY_ legitimate way to handle dithered colors is with a type-1 (sub)file reference. Thus, you _must_ have one separate (sub)file for each dithered color to be used in a specific pattern. (22 years ago, 25-Jun-02, to lugnet.cad.dat.parts, lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: question about subparts

(...) Yes you have to, else you wouldn't need subparts for dittered colors. CU Bernd (22 years ago, 26-Jun-02, to lugnet.cad.dat.parts, lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Adventurers Minifig Reference

(...) Steve, What's the splat ("*") for? Thanks, Franklin (22 years ago, 25-Jun-02, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Adventurers Minifig Reference (was: Re: how many distinct patterns for Adventurers?...)

I've put this information into an FTX page, with pattern codes pre-assigned for all Adventurers minifigs. It's at: (URL) take a look, at let me know about any corrections that need to be made! In particular, I could not find the US names for all of (...) (22 years ago, 25-Jun-02, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: question about subparts  [DAT]

In lugnet.cad.dat.parts, Willy Tschager writes: now, regarding (...) it would be best to have it so all the dithered colors are in a subfile. on the file being used with the subfile the part is the dithered color. IE.. 0 part (gold detail) 0 (...) (22 years ago, 25-Jun-02, to lugnet.cad.dat.parts, lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: disabling BFC (was "Head w/ Headset Over Brown Hair")  [DAT]

(...) Testify, brother. I totally blindsided myself when I downloaded the newest batch of primitives and all of my hard-wrought DAT's appeared sort of skeletal. After I was done freaking out, I realized what it probably was, but I definitely don't (...) (22 years ago, 25-Jun-02, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  question about subparts  [DAT]

hi folks, the other day I posted a hires series of bricks with classic space logos, but before I send them to steve I've got some questions about subparts. in an e-mail bernd broich suggested to use a unique subpart, which also sounds reasonable to (...) (22 years ago, 25-Jun-02, to lugnet.cad.dat.parts, lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: can L3P have option to *NOT* give warning for "emphasis lines"?

Franklin W. Cain wrote... (...) In the release notes for "Version 1.2 20000616" I wrote: ((URL) common mistake is to reference lines with color 16 instead of color 24, so L3P now warns about this. The only legitimate example I have seen is in (...) (22 years ago, 25-Jun-02, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Part Voting Issue

(...) Sounds like a good idea, although that might be a lot of work. . . (...) Well, actually I'd say that a better example of this is the way Ebay *used* to handle messaging: you click a link, fill out a form with your message and password (to (...) (22 years ago, 25-Jun-02, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw, lugnet.market.services)

  Re: Part Voting Issue

(...) That's exactly what I would like to see. A button or hyperlink that says something to the effect of "Send the Reviewer a message", then a page with a message box would pop up. This way the Email addresses would be kept private but we could (...) (22 years ago, 25-Jun-02, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: Part Voting Issue

(...) That would be useful. Jacob (22 years ago, 25-Jun-02, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: Part Voting Issue

(...) Good idea. How about other email notification - like if the author submits a new version, so your review is overturned? Steve (22 years ago, 24-Jun-02, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: Part Voting Issue

(...) I'm not disagreeing, but this would require agreement from all reviewers. Some people don't want their email addresses to be published. What's more likely is that we'll add functionality in the parts tracker to send messages from one user to (...) (22 years ago, 24-Jun-02, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Tried it, and I like it.

After being a part of the LEGO online community since 1996, I have finally got around to trying ldraw....and I must say it's very impressive. Not only is ldraw itself great, but all the utilities and extra goodies are perfect. It's hard to imagine (...) (22 years ago, 25-Jun-02, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  can L3P have option to *NOT* give warning for "emphasis lines"?

Lars, I have a request. Is there some way that L3P can "know" not to "cry wolf" whenever it encounters emphasis lines (i.e., same-color type-2 lines inside of quads and triangles)? Every month or so, it seems, I have to go through the process of (...) (22 years ago, 24-Jun-02, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Tracker FAQ: where is "emphasis lines" documented?

Steve, What is the URL (with anchor-name) for the explanation of "emphasis lines" (i.e., the same-color type-2 lines inside quads and triangles). I _know_ I've asked this before, but I can't find the post on LUGNet... Thanks, Franklin (22 years ago, 24-Jun-02, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw, lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Part recycling question

(...) It depends on what kind of problems your running into... Steve (22 years ago, 23-Jun-02, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: ** QUAD2DAT ** version 0.9.4 released **

Hi Chris, I've given quad2dat a try in creating a few parts, and I thought I'd post a list of bugs i've encountered and some suggestions. But first, I just want to say that it is *so* much easier to do a pattern with this program than by hand. It (...) (22 years ago, 23-Jun-02, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: image export in ldglite

(...) You guys kill me! I just saved 8 messages this afternoon, so I can go through them and try all the things you suggested. The compling of the new GLUT using the Dev Tools, the compling of LDGLite using the CLI... and the two of you have already (...) (22 years ago, 23-Jun-02, to lugnet.cad.dev.mac)

  Re: image export in ldglite

(...) Perfect. :) Thanks for all the effort you put into this, BTW. Jim (22 years ago, 22-Jun-02, to lugnet.cad.dev.mac)

  Re: image export in ldglite

(...) I hate to inconvenience anyone, so does this solve the problem? (URL) (22 years ago, 22-Jun-02, to lugnet.cad.dev.mac)

  attn Paul Easter

can you post the current .dat file for the adventurers bush/desert hat? (22 years ago, 22-Jun-02, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Anyone working on Darth Vader's helmet?

(...) Here is a series of pictures of the Darth Vader helmet in process. (URL) (...) (22 years ago, 22-Jun-02, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Installing GLUT 4 on Mac OS X

(...) Well, I went ahead and prepared a Mac OS X installer for the updated GLUT version. I tried it briefly on my machine, and it seems to work fine, but please understand that it has not been thoroughly tested. It does entirely automate the (...) (22 years ago, 22-Jun-02, to lugnet.cad.dev.mac)

  Re: image export in ldglite

(...) Well, if you're really motivated you could grab the latest code from the CVS repository on the sourceforge and build it. I added an output filename to the -ms commandline switch for part tracker image previews at ldraw.org. Also in the latest (...) (22 years ago, 21-Jun-02, to lugnet.cad.dev.mac)

  Re: pressing keys causes LDGLite to step

(...) No. Static linking means the PNG code from libpng is added to the ldglite executable. It should not search for libpng.dylib at runtime. However since zlib is dynamically linked, it will search for that at runtime. But it looks like that (...) (22 years ago, 21-Jun-02, to lugnet.cad.dev.mac)

  image export in ldglite

I have a minor feature request for ldglite. Currently, pressing b or B causes ldglite to save a BMP or PNG file of the model in the ldraw/bitmap directory. It names the image file after the model being viewed, or as model.png or model.bmp if the (...) (22 years ago, 21-Jun-02, to lugnet.cad.dev.mac)

  Re: pressing keys causes LDGLite to step

(...) PNG works now! Please clarify for me, does having it statically linked still require that you install libpng? I gather that it does. Sometime, maybe this weekend, I hope to write up some new instructions on using ldglite on Mac OS X, to help (...) (22 years ago, 21-Jun-02, to lugnet.cad.dev.mac)

  Re: pressing keys causes LDGLite to step

(...) libz.1.dylib is the shared libary for zip compression used by the PNG image format. I thought it came standard on OS X. Maybe that libpng is set to look for it in a non-standard (for OS X) place. I just built a version with libpng statically (...) (22 years ago, 21-Jun-02, to lugnet.cad.dev.mac)

  Re: pressing keys causes LDGLite to step

On Friday, June 21, 2002, at 01:06 PM, Don Heyse wrote: <snip directions on recompiling ldglite with PNG support> (...) I installed the libpng you pointed out, and gave it a shot... when I try to run the newly compiled ldglite executable, I get the (...) (22 years ago, 21-Jun-02, to lugnet.cad.dev.mac)

  Re: pressing keys causes LDGLite to step

(...) Heh, a quick search during lunch and I found a "quick install" libpng package for OS X right here: (URL) the only thing left is to install it, and remove the comments from the ldglite makefile (makefile.macx, NOT makefile.osx as stated above): (...) (22 years ago, 21-Jun-02, to lugnet.cad.dev.mac)

  Installing GLUT 4 on Mac OS X

Hi, this is just a note to say that I've written up some brief instructions for installing Dietmar Planitzer's enhanced GLUT 4 on the Mac. Among other improvements, this enables you to access the ldglite pop-up menus by control- or right- clicking (...) (22 years ago, 21-Jun-02, to lugnet.cad.dev.mac)

  Re: pressing keys causes LDGLite to step

(...) Nope, Project Builder and Interface Builder provide very robust GUIs (although you can use the command line if you want to). Compiling takes a *bit* more effort than just double clicking the file, of course... more like double click... and (...) (22 years ago, 21-Jun-02, to lugnet.cad.dev.mac)

  Re: pressing keys causes LDGLite to step

(...) [snip] (...) If you want to feel really geeky you can move on to the next level and try out those fabulous command line tools heard so much about. Grab the ldglite sources and try this: make -f makefile.osx Then you can become an uber-geek by (...) (22 years ago, 21-Jun-02, to lugnet.cad.dev.mac)

  Re: pressing keys causes LDGLite to step

(...) I would expect that the installation of the Developer Tools is straight forward. I din't install them because the readme said that 700 MB of space were required. I have been playing with iMovie, and I regularrly fill my drive to capacity with (...) (22 years ago, 21-Jun-02, to lugnet.cad.dev.mac)

  Re: Part recycling question

(...) Part 2598. I'm modelling the windscreen from the UCS TIE Interceptor and am having a heck of a time trying to fix the underlying DAT code. I have seriouly considered completely remodeling the whole part, the only thing stopping me is old part (...) (22 years ago, 21-Jun-02, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Part recycling question

(...) I think in the first instance you should attempt to contact the author of the original (flawed) part, or if not known raise it for discussion here. Regardless of the re-use issue, we should be attempting to fix serious flaws. In general we (...) (22 years ago, 21-Jun-02, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: pressing keys causes LDGLite to step

(...) Thanks for the push... I've been meaning to write up some directions to put on my site anyway. So, I did. You can find them at (URL) (only 2k). Notice that the directions are not ldraw or ldglite specific - they are just general directions for (...) (22 years ago, 21-Jun-02, to lugnet.cad.dev.mac)

  Re: pressing keys causes LDGLite to step

(...) No need for apologies. (...) Whoops, sorry about that. I didn't install the new GLUT. When I downloaded it, I didn't understand that it needed to be compiled, and since I couldn't figure out why there wasn't a GLUT.framework I gave up. (...) (...) (22 years ago, 21-Jun-02, to lugnet.cad.dev.mac)

  Re: pressing keys causes LDGLite to step

(...) Sorry for the delay, I've been away for a while on vacation. I think there's some confusion here about 0.9.5c. And I think I see the same confusion here. (URL) new ldglite 0.9.5c executable is just a quick hack to fix the two easiest to solve (...) (22 years ago, 21-Jun-02, to lugnet.cad.dev.mac)

  Part recycling question

One quick question: Say a new part is authored that uses a portion of an older, flawed part. Is it the part author's responsibility to fix the flaws in the underlying DAT code? I think this would mostly apply to the creation of patterned parts (...) (22 years ago, 21-Jun-02, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: L3P and/or L3PAO

(...) Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!! =) Ahui (22 years ago, 20-Jun-02, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: L3P and/or L3PAO

(...) Indeed, this is exactly why I am going to change the functionality of -sc! (...) - then rendering with "l3p -sc complete.ldr" will get you the following: Step 1: all of Pillars.ldr Step 2: all of Pillars.ldr and MainFloor.ldr Step 3: all of (...) (22 years ago, 20-Jun-02, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: 2x2 plate with wings?

(...) yes i am going to start it soon (22 years ago, 20-Jun-02, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: L3P and/or L3PAO

(...) Yes I only REALLY need set 1, Set 2 is just to make the builing instructions, move stuff around and ensure that all is okay but it never gets distributed. (...) Yes.. in some case all 'submodels - files referenced by compelete.ldr show up) and (...) (22 years ago, 20-Jun-02, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: L3P and/or L3PAO

(...) quick (...) [x-posted to .mlcad] In MLCad v.2.12, you can select a step, click Edit>Select>Same Items ("Select Same Items" on the movement bar), and press delete! HTH, --Ryan Amateur radio call sign: kb1fob E-mail: ryanjf@ifriendly.com (...) (22 years ago, 19-Jun-02, to lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  2x2 plate with wings?

Is anyone working on the new 2x2 plate with wings that comes in the Racers sets? Can't see it in the Parts Tracker... it's this one: (URL) tan facade kit, 427 pieces! (URL) TOWN PLANNING information: (URL) Lego parts store: (URL) Guild of (...) (22 years ago, 19-Jun-02, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: L3P and/or L3PAO

Ahui Herrera wrote... (...) I think we have been talking past each other, especially about what a submodel is, and when it is a submodel. You seem to think of a submodel as being a certain file, and always call it submodel no matter it is rendered (...) (22 years ago, 19-Jun-02, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: L3P and/or L3PAO

(...) It would be a solution. Basically in the end I would have 2 set of files: Set 1: for distribution model.mpd (which is made of) complete.ldr submodel1.ldr submodel2.ldr Note that ALL of these files would have their steps IN THEM! So that a user (...) (22 years ago, 19-Jun-02, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: L3P and/or L3PAO

LeoCad can do that sort of thing - but not very straightforward, here is the procedure: - Rename your sub-model as .dat (LeoCad doesn't properly support .dat extension) - Open it with Leocad - Select all parts (edit/select all) and Copy (Ctrl-C) - (...) (22 years ago, 19-Jun-02, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: L3P and/or L3PAO

(...) Would that solve all your problems? You always want to ignore steps in submodels when rendering main model? Do you render submodels separately for BI ? /Lars (22 years ago, 19-Jun-02, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: L3P and/or L3PAO

(...) I start off by making one ldraw model first. Usually it has no steps and parts are in NO particular order. Once I got the model done, I go back and begin to figure out what sections should be sub-models if any. At this point I begin to build (...) (22 years ago, 19-Jun-02, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: L3P and/or L3PAO

(...) But don't you make separate building instructions for the submodels ? The way stepclock works today isn't well suited for models containing submodels with steps. If a model includes a submodel in step 3 it will include step 1-3 of the submodel (...) (22 years ago, 19-Jun-02, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: L3P and/or L3PAO

(...) This works BUT ONLY if you are NOT doing building instructions of the submodels as well? I'm making builing instructions for the submodels as well so this option is NOT an option for me. =( AHui (22 years ago, 19-Jun-02, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: disabling BFC (was "Head w/ Headset Over Brown Hair")

Steve Bliss wrote... (...) In the coming version of L3Lab I have added a check to see if the model contains any linetype 2, 3, 4 or 5. If so, the "model" is assumed to be a part/primitive, and BFC is disabled. (BFC is of course enabled for a (...) (22 years ago, 18-Jun-02, to lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.cad.dat.parts)

  Re: L3P and/or L3PAO

Ahui Herrera wrote... (...) Or simply ALWAYS ONLY put stepclock in the main model ? Since L3P doesn't walk the model/part tree (POV does) it doesn't make much sense putting stepclocks in submodels. /Lars (22 years ago, 18-Jun-02, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Self-Certification in parts tracker

(...) I think I would, but just having the choice between only the first 20 entries (default) and all the entries (optional) would be helpful. Jacob (22 years ago, 18-Jun-02, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  ldraw.org going off-line for a few minutes

I hope that you will be patient, while I take LDraw.org off-line to move the server to a new location. It should only take a few minutes. Play well, Jacob (22 years ago, 18-Jun-02, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  pressing keys causes LDGLite to step

Sorry, I lost the message to which I was supposed to reply, but the odd key pressing behavior in LDGLite is not gone in 0.9.5c. Strangely, pressing the 'q' keys causes two steps to step by while most other keys, the 'j' key for example, does what (...) (22 years ago, 18-Jun-02, to lugnet.cad.dev.mac)

  L3P and/or L3PAO

Not sure which author would be willing to do this if any? Currenlty L3P/L3PAO when using the -sc (stepclock) function will allow a user to render the model by the number of steps (each step = 1 image) in your .ldr file. This is a WONDERFUL tool but (...) (22 years ago, 17-Jun-02, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Steve's not available right now...

Hello! LOL... if you haven't noticed.. there are more than one hundred parts to be admin-reviewed ;) Play well Carsten ;) "Steve Bliss" <partsref@yahoo.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:Gxuzu3.4ov@lugnet.com... (...) (22 years ago, 17-Jun-02, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Steve's not available right now...

Just a quick note, I'm going to be offline line most of this week. Don't have any wild parties while I'm gone, and try not to burn the place down. And I expect to see some serious part reviews when I get back! ;) Steve (22 years ago, 17-Jun-02, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: Part Voting Issue

(...) I think that the email addresses of the reviewers should also be available in case the part author has a question about a comment and needs to contact a part reviewer. -Orion (22 years ago, 17-Jun-02, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: Part Voting Issue

Hello Adam, yes.. i agree in a point. It would be cool if an email would be dispatched either to the person who submitted the part or (preferably) to the author (the email address in the parts author line should be required). So you automatically (...) (22 years ago, 16-Jun-02, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Part Voting Issue

I recently encountered a problem with the current part voting system that needs to be addressed to prevent future incidents from occuring. Last year(around August) I submitted some parts to be voted on. One of the parts had a 'hold' placed on it. (...) (22 years ago, 16-Jun-02, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: Avoiding Duplication of Effort

We used to have a page like this. I don't remember who kept it, but if someone else does, then whoever did it might be willing to donate the site material to ldraw.org so it could be hosted again. Adam (...) (22 years ago, 16-Jun-02, to lugnet.cad.dat.parts, lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: mouse model manipulation

(...) I just use the magnitude of the mouse movement, and feed it in as the first argument to a glRotate call. I use the delta X and delta Y as the second and third arguments, and 0 as the final argument. Remember that the magnitude of the vector (...) (22 years ago, 15-Jun-02, to lugnet.cad.dev.mac)

  Re: ** QUAD2DAT ** version 0.9.4 released **

(...) Hi all, I've noticed that the inserted pictures is mirrored, left is right and vice versa. Does this makes all the with this program done parts unusable? CU Bernd PS: the number of parts are exploding with this program (22 years ago, 14-Jun-02, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Animation 102 and 103

Just posted Ahui Herrera's Animation 102 and 103 Tutorials. Check them out: (URL) (22 years ago, 14-Jun-02, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: Self-Certification in parts tracker

(...) Depends - do you want to be able to page to the *next* 20 or so entries? Without paging, it'd be very easy to implement. Steve (22 years ago, 14-Jun-02, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Bricks on the Brain Building Instructions Portal live!

(...) (WARNING!! WARNING!!! stepping into the innerworking of Ahui' brian....) RNDR 101 - 199 is deveoted to simple rendering actions (getting POV to output a default image at any angle of your model, turon on/off a lite, playing iwth the POV code, (...) (22 years ago, 14-Jun-02, to lugnet.general, lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: Self-Certification in parts tracker

(...) Looks good. Would it be difficult to limit the list to the first 20 or so entries? Jacob (22 years ago, 14-Jun-02, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Self-Certification in parts tracker

(...) That looks great, Steve, thanks. I really think this will help to maintain author perspective, and help some reviewers to target the oldest files. Chris (22 years ago, 14-Jun-02, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Self-Certification in parts tracker

(...) Looks good. I dont think the subfile issue is all that important, as I only ever review subfiles when required by a superfile I'm reviewing - the superfile will tell me if the subfiles need certifying anyway, and I can get to them easily from (...) (22 years ago, 14-Jun-02, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Bricks on the Brain Building Instructions Portal live!

(...) How are you picking the numbers on these? It seems on the list you posted today you jump around in the RNDR category - 204 jumps to 220, etc. Just curious... :-) -Tim (22 years ago, 14-Jun-02, to lugnet.general, lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: Bricks on the Brain Building Instructions Portal live!

(...) After talking to Tim I've updated the tutorial list (just right now) to include the following: RNDR 210 Creating Building Instructions for the Web (What Rob is doing) RNDR 211 Creating Building Instructions for Printing (open) I've left RNDR (...) (22 years ago, 14-Jun-02, to lugnet.general, lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: Bricks on the Brain Building Instructions Portal live!

(...) Hey Jake - I definitely welcome more articles in the Tutorials section on the site. Rob Drechsel sent me an email about a week ago reporting in that his building instruction tutorial is nearing completion. He told me he would be out of town (...) (22 years ago, 14-Jun-02, to lugnet.general, lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Mac MPD Utility source code released

Hi! I have released the Project Builder project files and source code for my Mac MPD Utility ((URL) There are no restrictions on the code, but no guarantees or external documentation, either. Note that there isn't very much lego or ldraw specific (...) (22 years ago, 14-Jun-02, to lugnet.cad.dev.mac)

  Re: Self-Certification in parts tracker

Hello Steve, Looks very good... The easiest solution would be to add an 'Date of first submission' field in the part table. Because this field didn't exists so far the start value should be the date of the last action on a part. Then a parts thats (...) (22 years ago, 13-Jun-02, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Self-Certification in parts tracker

Here's a first attempt: (URL). This page excludes Certified! and Held files, and sorts by most-recent-action-date, oldest to newest. It does not take superfile-subfile relations into account. Take a look, and let me know what you think. One down (...) (22 years ago, 13-Jun-02, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: GLUT 4 for Mac OS X

(...) I think I just found a bug in one of the current pop-menu commands, under Options - when you select "Visible Spin" it acts as if you pressed lowercase 'v' and displays the 'vector (x,y,z):" prompt. I think its supposed to act like you pressed (...) (22 years ago, 13-Jun-02, to lugnet.cad.dev.mac)

  Re: GLUT 4 for Mac OS X

(...) ldglite executable. James (22 years ago, 13-Jun-02, to lugnet.cad.dev.mac)

  Re: GLUT 4 for Mac OS X

(...) What do you mean, an executable for the new GLUT, or for ldglite? (There is no executable for the new GLUT, its just a set of files in a folder that go in /System/Library/Frameworks.) Jim (22 years ago, 13-Jun-02, to lugnet.cad.dev.mac)

  Re: Self-Certification in parts tracker

(...) Yes. (...) I don't think they should be included (as a reviewer). (...) I think so. (...) :-) Jacob (22 years ago, 13-Jun-02, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: 30375cs0.dat, "MiniBot SW Battle Droid (complete)"

(...) OK, I'll do it when I can. Steve (22 years ago, 13-Jun-02, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: GLUT 4 for Mac OS X

(...) Can you make the executable available? I can test it on my mac and see if the new glut libraries are included (I don't think they will be, but you never know, and one can hope). Does anyone know what prebinding does? Would that help? It is (...) (22 years ago, 13-Jun-02, to lugnet.cad.dev.mac)

  Re: mouse model manipulation

(...) I captured these with Snapz Pro. Durring the capture, it took snapshots in the middle of redraws, so that explains one reason why it doesn't look all that great. Snapz also slows everything down (I suppose constantly storing a section of the (...) (22 years ago, 13-Jun-02, to lugnet.cad.dev.mac)

  Re: Self-Certification in parts tracker

(...) Good idea. I don't think this would work as 'just another sort' of the parts list page (URL). I'd rather have a "most in need of attention" page, with the following parameters: 1. Exclude all certified files. 2. Sort the files by date of last (...) (22 years ago, 13-Jun-02, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Avoiding Duplication of Effort

(...) <-- many valid ideas snipped --> (...) Try (URL) (22 years ago, 13-Jun-02, to lugnet.cad.dat.parts, lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: GLUT 4 for Mac OS X

(...) I would distribute the 0.9.5c one, it works better than 0.9.5 even without the new GLUT. (Although yes I would agree not assume the user has replaced the default GLUT library.) (...) It was the Control key that didn't work in the old GLUT--nor (...) (22 years ago, 13-Jun-02, to lugnet.cad.dev.mac)

  Re: GLUT 4 for Mac OS X

(...) Am I correct in assuming that the contents of this menu are universal for all platforms? In any case I think there a few minor tweaks that could be done to it that would help it seem even more "Mac like", but I think they' d be helpful on all (...) (22 years ago, 13-Jun-02, to lugnet.cad.dev.mac)

  Re: GLUT 4 for Mac OS X

(...) Cool, now I'm faced with the dilemma of which version to distribute for OS X. I guess it's better to assume the user hasn't replaced the default GLUT library. (...) Somewhere in this thread there was a whole list of bugs with the keyboard and (...) (22 years ago, 13-Jun-02, to lugnet.cad.dev.mac)

  Re: Avoiding Duplication of Effort

[XFUT lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw] (...) Well, I've been unable to locate any documentation for the long-range plans for the Parts Tracker (pointers, anyone?) but I know what *I* would prefer as a long-term solution: An integration of the Tracker and (...) (22 years ago, 13-Jun-02, to lugnet.cad.dat.parts, lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  GLUT 4 for Mac OS X

(...) I just tried it again, and must retract what I said about it before. I'm not sure why it didn't work before, but it does now. Additionally, the cursor disappears during mouse rotation, as it is supposed to. If there is anything else you'd like (...) (22 years ago, 13-Jun-02, to lugnet.cad.dev.mac)

  Re: mouse model manipulation

(...) And earlier, he wrote: (...) no modifications needed) and substituted it for the old GLUT.framework... unfortunately, when I ran ldglite (0.9.5, not 0.9.5c) mouse rotation did not work at all in ledit l3 mode, which is the mode I started up (...) (22 years ago, 13-Jun-02, to lugnet.cad.dev.mac)

  Re: bushman hat...

(...) I just saw this part on Paul Easter's todo page. (URL) There's no data file available though (Paul, feel free to post it. Thx). Andy (22 years ago, 13-Jun-02, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: dithered colors w/ Jango Fett Helmet/Jetpack

Actually there is a reference here: (URL) Under the "What are Subparts" heading -Orion (make it billthefish and remove the obvious lettering to reply personally) (22 years ago, 13-Jun-02, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Issue with some of the holds on the Parts Tracker

(...) Comments are always welcome over holding for insignificant errors. I try to check all the parts I've submitted at least ever couple days until certified, I really wish more part authors would check up on their parts regularly. OTOH, if you (...) (22 years ago, 13-Jun-02, to lugnet.cad.dev)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact