 CAD / Development / 7374
Re: ** QUAD2DAT ** version 0.9.4 released **
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev
Date:
Sun, 23 Jun 2002 04:59:27 GMT

Hi Chris,

I've given quad2dat a try in creating a few parts, and I thought I'd post a
list of bugs i've encountered and some suggestions.  But first, I just want to
say that it is *so* much easier to do a pattern with this program than by hand.
It is definitely a benefit to parts authors.

Some of these comments may have been posted already, but I thought I'd just
include everything I can think of.  First the bugs:

If you click on the same point more than once when adding a tri/quad, the
program will crash.
Sometimes the program crashes after deleting several tris/quads in a row.  It
will give an error like "Subroutine undefined" or "Subroutine not found" (I
never wrote it down, so I'm not sure).
If you open a saved .qp file while you have a background image loaded, it will
use the current image instead of loading the one associated with the saved file.

And now the suggestions, in no particular order:
I would like to see an option for working with an arbitrary sized rectangle
instead of a pre-defined template.  This would make it possible to work on any
part, regardless whether it has a template.

Add a color toolbar like that found in MLCad.  I've occasionally messed things
up by dragging quads when trying to right click to get to the color menu.

When working along the line of the template, have the point snap to the edge.

The crosshair sometimes obscures the vertex box when adding a quad.  I'd just
get rid of the crosshair, or make it a box with the crosshair lines coming out
the back.  And the box isn't really necessary when working with the pointer,
zoom, or pan modes, so you could drop that.

With some image files, it would be helpful to be able to type in any number for
the origin adjust (1.5, for instance).  sometimes with only whole numbers, the
image isn't quite centered.

Make it so the delete key deletes a highlighted quad.

Maybe add an option to make the quads transparent, or a toggle button for
transparent/opaque.  (I usually add quads as color 16, so that I can see the
background image, and then have to change all the colors).

Well, I think that's all.  Hope this helps.

Thanks,
Andy