 CAD / MLCad / 1409
Re: ** QUAD2DAT ** version 0.9.4 released **
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.mlcad
Date:
Fri, 30 Aug 2002 13:40:08 GMT

In lugnet.cad.dev, Larry Pieniazek writes:
If i just go in with MLCad and select all the quads and rotate them so that
the part looks right, the parts tracker utility complains that you can't
have rotations in parts...

OK, this isn't because of the "rotation" of the parts, it's because MLCad is
inserting bogus commands at the top of the file

0 ROTATION CENTER 0 0 0 1 "Custom"
0 ROTATION CONFIG 0 0

"Bogus commands", eh?  Interesting choice of words.  However since
Parts Tracker is going to complain about any unofficial or undocumented
meta commands in submitted parts, it'd be nice if MLCAD didn't
insert these 0 ROTATION lines unless they actually contain a rotation
of some sort.  This came up before:

  http://news.lugnet.com/cad/dev/?n=7703

I guess now is as good a time as any to submit it as an MLCAD
bug report/enhancement request, so it doesn't get forgotten again.

Not quite right.  Silly me, I even remembered reading about this MLCad
behaviour before... didn't internalise that it would bite me though.

And while we're on the subject of things coming back to bite people,
whatever happened to the license discussion about these MLCAD
extension commands?  Last I remember everyone at ldraw.org was
happy with Steve's recommended wording, and were just awaiting
Michael's approval.

  http://news.lugnet.com/cad/mlcad/?n=1382

That was about two weeks ago, so I figure now is probably a good time
for a reminder.

Have fun,

Don