 CAD / Development / 7766
Re: ** QUAD2DAT ** version 0.9.4 released **
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev
Date:
Fri, 30 Aug 2002 05:21:31 GMT

I like this program a lot. I have a number of features/suggestions to add,
is it still in active development.

However I have one problem that I need help with from the user community. It
seems that there is a rotation being inserted somewhere... I made my pattern
using a bitmap, everything looks normal in QUAD2DAT but when I export it, it
seems to be getting rotated 180 (or mirrored if you prefer) along the
horizontal axis.

If i just go in with MLCad and select all the quads and rotate them so that
the part looks right, the parts tracker utility complains that you can't
have rotations in parts:

- start -

Results of PT-Submission check:

Error
8: Meta-command not allowed in parts 'rotation'.

Error
9: Meta-command not allowed in parts 'rotation'.

- end -

How do I fix this, short of writing something that changes the sign of every
X value in the file??? I know other people are using this tool, how do you
get round it? Is there a tool that you can use that fixes these without
using a rotation?

To my embarassment I didn't catch this until AFTER I already submitted my
part and was trying to fix the (not really but almost) collinear quads that
the checker was complaining about