 CAD / Development / 7768
Re: ** QUAD2DAT ** version 0.9.4 released **
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.cad.mlcad
Date:
Fri, 30 Aug 2002 05:41:42 GMT

In lugnet.cad.dev, Larry Pieniazek writes:

If i just go in with MLCad and select all the quads and rotate them so that
the part looks right, the parts tracker utility complains that you can't
have rotations in parts...

OK, this isn't because of the "rotation" of the parts, it's because MLCad is
inserting bogus commands at the top of the file

0 ROTATION CENTER 0 0 0 1 "Custom"
0 ROTATION CONFIG 0 0

It also is changing the value of the filename (removing the s\ from the name
for subparts)

Not quite right. Silly me, I even remembered reading about this MLCad
behaviour before... didn't internalise that it would bite me though.

Well anyway, the underlying rotation that QUAD2DAT is doing is still wrong.
Great tool though!