 CAD / Development / Macintosh / 199
Re: pressing keys causes LDGLite to step
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev.mac
Date:
Fri, 21 Jun 2002 03:48:58 GMT

In article <Gy1AnF.256@lugnet.com>,
"Don Heyse" <dheyse@hotmail.spam.go.away.com> wrote:

In lugnet.cad.dev.mac, Christopher Masi writes:
Sorry, I lost the message to which I was supposed to reply, but the odd
key pressing behavior in LDGLite is not gone in 0.9.5c. Strangely,
pressing the 'q' keys causes two steps to step by while most other keys,
the 'j' key for example, does what the 'j' key is supposed to do and
then causes the model to step to the next step. Truthfully, I am more
interested in LEdit mode, so do what you want with this one :)

Sorry for the delay, I've been away for a while on vacation.

No need for apologies.

I think there's some confusion here about 0.9.5c.  And I think I see
the same confusion here.

  http://news.lugnet.com/cad/dev/mac/?n=189

The new ldglite 0.9.5c executable is just a quick hack to fix the two
easiest to solve problems with the OS X version (the bad mouse spinning
and the bleeding edge lines).  The other problems with the keyboard are
fixed by replacing the GLUT shared library used by ldglite with an
updated version.  This new GLUT library goes somewhere with the other
goodies provided by the operating system and replaces the crummy version
that comes with OS X.  Whatever version of ldglite you run should
automatically use the new GLUT library and all it's bug fixes.  You
don't need another new ldglite executable.

Whoops, sorry about that. I didn't install the new GLUT. When I
downloaded it, I didn't understand that it needed to be compiled, and
since I couldn't figure out why there wasn't a GLUT.framework I gave up.

Now having said this, it's clear that we could use some instructions
that walk through installing the fixed GLUT library because I've got a
feeling it's probably not going to come in any future official updates
of OS X.  Maybe Jim could whip some up since he's actually done it, and
then this could be incorporated into the documentation at ldraw.org.

Do most OS X users even have the compiler installed? I installed the BSD
subsystem, but I haven't installed the Developers Tools yet. Also, I
have a feeling that the next update is going to be a paid update, so a
good number of users might not be getting the update/upgrade.

Don

Chris

--
remove *nogarbageplease*. to e-mail me