 CAD / Development / 7361
Re: L3P and/or L3PAO
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev
Date:
Wed, 19 Jun 2002 15:48:29 GMT

In lugnet.cad.dev, Lars C. Hassing writes:
In lugnet.cad.dev, Ahui Herrera writes:
Can MLCAD or some other applciation take out ALL the steps from
a .ldr file?  This would be a quick fix to the problem.

Would that solve all your problems?

It would be a solution.  Basically in the end I would have 2 set of files:

Set 1: for distribution
model.mpd (which is made of)
complete.ldr
submodel1.ldr
submodel2.ldr

Note that ALL of these files would have their steps IN THEM!  So that a user
can set thru the model in mlcad if s/he does not want my builing instrcutions.

Set 2: Working files (copies of original files in set 1)
complete.ldr
submodel1.ldr  (ALL STEPS REMOVED by hand or some utility)
submodel2.ldr (ALL STEPS REMOVED by hand or some utility)
submodel1s.ldr (HAS STEPS)
submodel2s.ldr

It is these files that I would convert to pov and then render
I would render complete whihc would get its submodel info from submodel1 & 2
and since they have NO steps there will NOT be a problem in the rendering.

Then I would render submodel1s which is the same as submodel1 but it has the
steps.

You understand what I am saying?

You always want to ignore steps in submodels when rendering main model?
NO ONLY when the submodel is being used by the main model.  If the submodel
is stand-alone then stps should/should not be ignored.

Do you render submodels separately for BI ?
/Lars