 Trains / 15563 (-100)
  Re: Santa Fe caboose

(...) Well I like to got my ideas from real trains, but I dont always follow the prototypical way. Because I find it can be limiting for me. So I just wanted something that looks good behind my Super Chief. For now there is no inside detail but that (...) (23 years ago, 4-Mar-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Santa Fe caboose

(...) years ago. Getting the cupola yellow is a great touch as well, very characteristic of late ATSF practice. However I'm not sure about the curved roof. That seems sort of eastern road to me. (PRR cabin cars??) Do you have a proto photo that (...) (23 years ago, 4-Mar-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Current Limitations (WAS Re: Super Chief Weight Issues)

(...) OK... The received wisdom is this: If you stick to using pure LEGO sourced components (their wall wart, their speed reg, etc.) you can well put multiple controllers onto the same electrical track circuit. And indeed, if you do that on a very (...) (23 years ago, 4-Mar-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Gondola, Boxcar and new Locomotive!

"Ahui Herrera" <jedi_agh@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:GsGI4s.G97@lugnet.com... (...) per (...) with (...) download. (...) [ ... snipped ... ] Thanks for the compliment on my instructions[1]. A couple of comments on this topic. I personally do (...) (23 years ago, 4-Mar-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Gondola, Boxcar and new Locomotive!

(...) Hum... IMO I think both. Caroline Train builder got the right idea. They provide you with images of the final model on their website and then give you a .PDF file that contains a) the building instructions (a few pieces per step NOT LIKE (...) (23 years ago, 4-Mar-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Current Limitations (WAS Re: Super Chief Weight Issues)

Kevin, I understood the problem I now have but my electrical current limit question was "ANOTHER" question that I had that I came up with as I read about the issues involved of running 3+ motors on the same track with only 1 train controller. Since (...) (23 years ago, 4-Mar-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Gondola, Boxcar and new Locomotive!

Thanks for sharing the instructions, I'm sure a lot of effort went into them. Scott A =+= Have you inspected Arthur’s Seat yet? (URL) reasonable man adapts himself to suit his environment. An unreasonable man persists in attempting to adapt his (...) (23 years ago, 4-Mar-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Gondola, Boxcar and new Locomotive!

(...) Feel free! Please let me know if you have any suggestions. It is somewhat accurate depending on which real life prototype you look at. Rather than model a prototype down to the T, I choose the design elements I really liked from several and (...) (23 years ago, 4-Mar-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Gondola, Boxcar and new Locomotive!

(...) Green Engine - Neat design and look. I'm no train buff, so I can't say as to how accurate it is, but I might have to borrow your design to make one for myself. I really like the steps in the front and back. Gondola - I like the use of the 1x4 (...) (23 years ago, 4-Mar-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Gondola, Boxcar and new Locomotive!

(...) So the web interface is bad because of my particular design, or Web interfaces in general for BIs are bad? Let me see what I can do about an .ldr file. I would like to improve the problems I have noticed with the instructions first though, so (...) (23 years ago, 4-Mar-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Santa Fe caboose

I just made a caboose for my Santa Fe. Check it out and tell me what you think. (URL) (23 years ago, 4-Mar-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Current Limitations (WAS Re: Super Chief Weight Issues)

(...) As the previous messages indicate, you do not need more current or more motors. You need to put your motors under heavier locomotives. Lar is right, the Metroliner engine is too lightweight. If you have some Lego weight bricks, try placing (...) (23 years ago, 4-Mar-02, to lugnet.trains)

  NILTC first show a success!

The Northern Illinois LEGO Train Club's show this weekend at High Wheeler '02 went great!! Here are some links to pictures taken by Eric Wackerfuss, one of our newest members, he joined the club at the show. (URL) will be more pictures coming soon (...) (23 years ago, 4-Mar-02, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.trains.org.niltc, lugnet.events, lugnet.loc.us.il) !!

  Current Limitations (WAS Re: Super Chief Weight Issues)

<snip> Thanks for all the input from everyone. I was not aware of the current limitation. What if I connect 2 train leads from 2 different train controllers power by 2 toy transformers to a single track loop. Would this help the current limitation? (...) (23 years ago, 4-Mar-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Gondola, Boxcar and new Locomotive!

Nice green engine, but 'bad' web interface. Can you post the .ldr file or even a .pdf of the building instructions or some other way to dowload the instructions to a loacl HD. It's very hard to try to built the engine while having to be online. (...) (23 years ago, 4-Mar-02, to lugnet.trains)

  The (very) poor man's 10020 carriage

Here is a quick add on carriage for my 10020. It was made so that my Super Chief would have something to pull around, as it looks a bit lonely by itself. It is nowhere near as elaborate as a lot of the 'B' unit and others that are, but my wife (...) (23 years ago, 4-Mar-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: LEGO Shop@Home Catalog Train Shed Instructions!

he,he,he.... Okay I see where my mistake is. I've fixed the error on my cost sheet and NO TIM I'm not a LEGO closet. But if LEGO wants to give me 30% off no problem.... -AHui (...) (23 years ago, 4-Mar-02, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.trains, lugnet.cad)

Thanks for responding, but I am still wondering where you are getting *30%* off from. The discount only goes up to 15% as far as I can tell. Troy "Ahui Herrera" <jedi_agh@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:GsFKIq.9Kq@lugnet.com... (...) baseplates! (...) (23 years ago, 4-Mar-02, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.trains, lugnet.cad)

  Re: LEGO Shop@Home Catalog Train Shed Instructions!

(...) Ahui a closet LEGO employee? tee hee ;-) (employees get a 30% discount on brick..) -Tim (23 years ago, 4-Mar-02, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.trains, lugnet.cad)

  Re: PNLTC display in Edmonds, WA

Hey, here's some more pics, thought I'd add. (URL) mention though, if this isn't a first for cross posting mecha and trains, I'm pretty sure it's a first in intergrating mecha and train layouts. You'll notice; dragons on the hospital, another dragon (...) (23 years ago, 4-Mar-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.build.mecha)

  Re: PNLTC display in Edmonds, WA

(...) today. (23 years ago, 4-Mar-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.build.mecha)

  Re: LEGO Shop@Home Catalog Train Shed Instructions!