 Trains / 15531
Re: F unit Roof Shot: Flatter curve than you'd think
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Sun, 3 Mar 2002 23:40:46 GMT

In lugnet.trains, John Neal writes:

Well, it's my understanding that a "Super Chief" is the *entire* train, locos
and cars.  Yes, these are locomotives, but they are a part of a Super Chief,
which I cropped so you could see them better.

I seem to recall reading that the Super Chief was occasionally pulled with
F45s, so the F7s can't really be considered part of the train - just it's usual
motive power.

I get the impression Sante Fe tended to consider "Super Chief" to relate more
to the level of customer service and comfort than the physical train, anyway,
and that's partly why they made Amtrak change the name.

ROSCO