 Trains / 15529
Re: F unit Roof Shot: Flatter curve than you'd think
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Sun, 3 Mar 2002 23:23:01 GMT

In lugnet.trains, John Neal writes:

Larry Pieniazek wrote:

In lugnet.trains, John Neal writes:

Larry Pieniazek wrote:

1. This isn't a shot of a "Super Chief" it's a shot of an A-B-B-A lashup.

Well, I cropped it, so you could see it better, but it is a Super Chief.

No, it isn't (they aren't). They may be PULLING a Super Chief. But a Super
Chief is a train.

Well, it's my understanding that a "Super Chief" is the *entire* train, locos
and cars.  Yes, these are locomotives, but they are a part of a Super Chief,
which I cropped so you could see them better.

They may be locomotives "currently assigned" to *pulling* the Super Chief,
but it was not Santa Fe practice (or hardly any other US road, either) to
assign specific locomotives to specific trains, except in the very very
beginning of delivery of a class when they only HAD one set. Do you need me
to actually cite this for you? You slipped up, admit it and move on.

These are locomotives. Locomotives aren't trains except in
rare special cases.

Like this one.

This is semantics, but no.

Your shot was cropped to illustrate the locomotives,

Which happened to be pulling a Super Chief (as I mentioned, because I had
cropped out the cars)

But which neverthless was not itself (or themselves) a Super Chief. LEGO(r)
got it wrong.

I realize your peeve, but in this case I think you jumped the gun.

No. Where's Maggie C.