 Trains / 15520
15519  |  15521
Subject:
F unit Roof Shot: Flatter curve than you'd think
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Sun, 3 Mar 2002 15:55:12 GMT

In lugnet.trains, John Neal writes:

Larry Pieniazek wrote:

1. This isn't a shot of a "Super Chief" it's a shot of an A-B-B-A lashup.

Well, I cropped it, so you could see it better, but it is a Super Chief.

No, it isn't (they aren't). They may be PULLING a Super Chief. But a Super
Chief is a train. These are locomotives. Locomotives aren't trains except in
rare special cases. Your shot was cropped to illustrate the locomotives, not
the cars and locomotives together that comprise the train

In case you can't tell, this particular nit just completely drives me crazy.
I love the 10020 but hate the name. Why oh why could they not have called it
"Super Chief Locomotive"... I would have let that slide.