 Trains / 15523
Re: F unit Roof Shot: Flatter curve than you'd think
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Sun, 3 Mar 2002 19:13:35 GMT

Larry Pieniazek wrote:

In lugnet.trains, John Neal writes:

Larry Pieniazek wrote:

1. This isn't a shot of a "Super Chief" it's a shot of an A-B-B-A lashup.

Well, I cropped it, so you could see it better, but it is a Super Chief.

No, it isn't (they aren't). They may be PULLING a Super Chief. But a Super
Chief is a train.

Well, it's my understanding that a "Super Chief" is the *entire* train, locos
and cars.  Yes, these are locomotives, but they are a part of a Super Chief,
which I cropped so you could see them better.

These are locomotives. Locomotives aren't trains except in
rare special cases.

Like this one.

Your shot was cropped to illustrate the locomotives,

Which happened to be pulling a Super Chief (as I mentioned, because I had
cropped out the cars)

I realize your peeve, but in this case I think you jumped the gun.

-John

not
the cars and locomotives together that comprise the train

In case you can't tell, this particular nit just completely drives me crazy.
I love the 10020 but hate the name. Why oh why could they not have called it
"Super Chief Locomotive"... I would have let that slide.