 Trains / 15536
Re: F unit Roof Shot: Flatter curve than you'd think
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Mon, 4 Mar 2002 01:18:57 GMT

In lugnet.trains, Josh Baakko writes:

I thought this started about the roof to the locos, not the nameing!

True, but people, even people who claim knowledge levels such that they
should know better, keep making this very grating mistake.

Back to the roof topic, I did some studying of prototype drawings and I
think the curvature of the roof represents approximately 1/6 of a circle.
It's hard to be precise since the end points aren't sharp, but are smaller
radius filleted corners.

That means that even IF TLC did a 1/4 or a 1/2 round arc, it still wouldn't
help, because, as J2 says, it's flatter than you'd think at first. J2's
approximation at 8 wide, as it is now, is too flat though. At least to my
taste. But it's clearly a matter of taste.

I think so too, it looks closer to a PA1 or something to that affect...  I
think those new curved bricks, (1x6, 2 studs) would be great if it wern't
for the 2 studs, & 1x6 length...  I'd love the curve for an S-2...
Josh