 Trains / 15471
Re: Santa Fe Numbering
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Thu, 28 Feb 2002 22:41:11 GMT

I remember it as LEGO was going to auction them - probably on eBay - and
donate the procedes to charity, the same way they did with the giant
minifigs, behind-the-scenes LEGOLAND tour, former display model and whatever
else that I can't remember (and didn't win!)...

Personally, I think it's a *wonderful* idea!

JohnG, GMLTC

In lugnet.trains, John Eric Voltin writes:
I scanned the transcript of the session with Brad Justus and remember
reading that 1 through 5 were set aside.  I didn't see anything about them
being auctioned on eBay.  Did I just miss that comment?  For some reason, I
was under the impression that LEGO was going to give them away as prizes,
rewards, etc.

I need to go back and read the transcript again.

Does anyone have any further detail regarding the first 5 trains?

John Eric Voltin