 Trains / 15469
Re: Santa Fe Numbering
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Thu, 28 Feb 2002 22:17:50 GMT

I scanned the transcript of the session with Brad Justus and remember
reading that 1 through 5 were set aside.  I didn't see anything about them
being auctioned on eBay.  Did I just miss that comment?  For some reason, I
was under the impression that LEGO was going to give them away as prizes,
rewards, etc.

I need to go back and read the transcript again.

Does anyone have any further detail regarding the first 5 trains?

--

John Eric Voltin
"Ahui Herrera" <jedi_agh@yahoo.com> wrote in message
From the Session with Brad Justus (VP of Lego Direct) at Brickswest2002 it
was stated that Engines 1,2,3,4,5 were taken off the production line was
done and would be auctioned off on ebay.  Knowning that I would have to • say
NO a A0000 was not produced.

This does lead to a 'numerical problem".  A0001 - A9999 are 9999 engines.
The 10,000 engine will it's number fit in the piece?  A10000 seems a bit • to
big for the lego piece?

AHui

In lugnet.trains, John Eric Voltin writes:
I apologize if this has already been discussed, but the flood of Santa Fe
postings has made it hard to read everything.

A total of 10,000 Santa Fe engines have been produced.  Since each engine
gets a tile with the letter "A" followed by a four digit number, how will
the 10,000th engine be labeled?  I wonder if there is an engine with the
number "A0000"?  Does anyone know the answer to this?

- John Eric

--

John Eric Voltin