 Trains / 15541
Re: Two questions about My Own Train engine
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains, lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade
Date:
Mon, 4 Mar 2002 03:28:58 GMT

"Dean Husby" <nntp@akasa.bc.ca> wrote in message

"Mike Walsh" <mike_walsh@mindspring.com> wrote in message

"Kevin Salm" <kdsalm@dreamscape.com> wrote in message
Here is a new Question:

Has anyone attempted to order _ONLY_ the color kits from Lego without • buying
the rest of the My Own Train components?

[ ... snipped ... ]

Yes you can do this, I have ordered several color kits this way.

How? What do you ask for? And what's the price?

Thanks

Dean

If you look on the side of the My Own Train box you will see a matrix that
has dots for the color and two sized train images for the train.  Each box
will have some assortment of check marks that correspond to the sub-kits
that make up the train that was ordered.  I found the kit numbers on the
side of the box and at the time (last May) was dealing with a woman at S@H
via e-mail to resolve something.  I simply asked her if the items were
available and what the price was.  They were and here are the prices:

3740 $14.99 Small Engine Base Kit
3741 $19.99 Large Engine Base Kit
3742 $10.99 Tender Base Kit
3743 $6.99 Blue Kit
3744 $6.99 Green Kit
3745 $6.99 Black Kit
3746 $6.99 Brown Kit
3747 $6.99 Dark Grey Kit

Peeron has these sub-kits inventoried so I presume I am not the only one who
has purchased them like this.

Mike

http://www.ncltc.cc - North Carolina LEGO Trainc Club
http://www.carolinatrainbuilders - Carolina Train Builders