 Trains / 15511
Re: 8 Wide verses 6 Wide Super Chief Comparison
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Sun, 3 Mar 2002 02:53:54 GMT

In lugnet.trains, John Neal writes:

I think I'll try some other roads and play with the F7s design a bit.  Because
of the coloration stripe on the side of the Super Chief loco, the venting
across the top sides is only 1 brick high when clearly it should be more.
Without constraints such as coloration, I should be able to make an even more
proto version.

Go for NYC lightning stripe (two tone grey)! Or PRR tuscan red with multiple
gold pinstripes. or SR cream and forest green... wait, those will all be
harder. :-)

Maybe you should do PC black. That one isn't too hard. Or even Santa Fe
freight (catwhisker or warbonnet or bird, take your pick)?

A LOT of people got shafted because of that missing curve in the nesting all
right.