 Trains / 15490
Re: 8 Wide verses 6 Wide Super Chief Comparison
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Fri, 1 Mar 2002 23:51:49 GMT

richard marchetti wrote:

In lugnet.trains, John Neal writes:
I would never say that mine is better, just different in a more
prototypical kind of way:-)

I think your model is better from the front (the proportion seems more
correct), but from the sides I think they are both more or less the same
although yours is obviously larger again.

Take a look at this comparison which I just whipped up:
http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?i=129941  (while adding this
I accidentally deleted the entire folder but I just reloaded it:-p)

Mine isn't just "larger"-- it's also proportioned more correctly.

The front windshield looks a
little weak, I assume a corressponding lego element doesn't exist to suit
your needs...

You assume correctly.  Although the windshield may leave something to be
desired, it does create the feeling of the original's drooping windows
rather well, IMO

-John

That's my non-trainhead opinion, anyway.

-- Hop-Frog