 Trains / 15475
Re: Super Chief dark gray hand holds.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains, lugnet.general
Date:
Fri, 1 Mar 2002 10:55:53 GMT

In lugnet.trains, Richard Marchetti writes:
Speculation: LEGO(r) at some point may well stop including this pack as
there is verbiage on the invoice that "not all parts may be exactly as
shown" which is boilerplate for "we are not fixing this"... Who knows?

Such a statement, if it is to have any real force at all, should appear
prior to purchase in the catalogues, the website, on packaging, etc. --
anywhere and everywhere where it may have prevented the purchase had the
buyer but known the defect.  Such statements made after the fact of purchase
probably have no weight at all.  I'd expect them to make good on what I
thought I was getting.  Simple as that -- they make a representation about
the product, I expect them to meet the expectation.  Since when has it been
a good business practice to do otherwise?  In some cases, I would think a
false representation would be actionable -- depending on the damage incurred
by the false representation.

I know you are just speculating, Lar -- but this is no small thing we are
talking about.  I think nearly all of us sometimes buy whole sets just to
acquire some one small element in a particular color.

Indeed, a note on the box saying "the colour of same parts may vary" will do
little for their sales. What worries me is that this is the second set this
has happened with inside a year - ultimately the costs of these errors are
paid by us. One has to wonder about their checking procedures...

Scott A

=+=
Have you inspected Arthur’s Seat yet?
http://www.bricklink.com/store.asp?p=scotta

"A reasonable man adapts himself to suit his environment. An unreasonable
man persists in attempting to adapt his environment to suit himself.
Therefore, all progress depends on the unreasonable man." (GBS)
=+=

-- Hop-Frog