 Trains / 15464
Re: Any VIA Rail MOCS? Any VIA loco/car photos?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Wed, 27 Feb 2002 20:38:05 GMT

Hello,
I am glad to see some other people interested in VIA Rail.  I myself have
taken Bob Hayes' F40PH and transformed it into a VIA F40PH.  You can veiw
that here: http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=2522

James Browns coaches can be veiwed here:

As for sites with VIA pictures on them, I have a ton of rail fanning photos
that I have taken on my many trips to Toronto but unfortunately, I cannot
scan them into the computer at this point in time.

Lycos multimedia search provides some good photos, you will just have to dig
through junk to find the nice ones.  You can find that here:
http://multimedia.lycos.com/

Also you can find some pictures at the VIA rail home site:
http://www.viarail.ca/tourists/en_tour_phot.html

And some more here (mostly interior):
http://www.billwood.com/trains/brasdor/

Here is a picture of the new Via P42 DC(which will definately need to be
made into an MOC):

http://www.trains.com/photogallery/gallery_large.asp?idObjectLibraryGUID={34
748D1F-DAEE-43AB-A61F-47C574040C18}&idMenuCategory=2idMenuSubCategory=27idMe
nuMinorCategory=

(Might wrap)

www.trains.com might also have some more items on the vehicles that you are
looking for.  I am assuming you are talking about graders and construction
machinery and such?  Model Railroader every once and a while has an article
in the Prototype section about those, as well as Trains.  Some local
librarys have books on these as well.

I hope that helps!
Kai