 Trains / 15507
Re: My Santa Fe Super Chief 'B' Engine Complete
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Sat, 2 Mar 2002 23:51:40 GMT

Dean Husby wrote:

Also, for your *enjoyment* is a
beginning of a 4-1 Sleeper-Lounge-Observation Car. (Last pic located here:
http://www.midwestnpioneer.org/timetable/fallenflags/superchief.html )

I didn't have enough to finish the roof nor are there any furnishings
inside, and the trucks are not done yet. (It also can't go around tight
curves... Proof of concept really)

Hey Dean-

Take another looksee at the car you are modeling.  The trucks are not as close
to the ends of the car as you have them.  If you mount your trucks closer to
the center, I think you'll find tight curves manageable (although ungainly
looking).  You just need stick your coupler onto an arm which sticks out far
enough to couple to the next car.  Forget about the buffers; use the gray 2x3
rounded plate with hole.

HTH,
John