 Space / 17466
Re: Say it ain't so...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.space, lugnet.castle, lugnet.town
Date:
Fri, 13 Sep 2002 18:42:07 GMT

In lugnet.general, Dan Mattia writes:

I'm a kid, and these crappy Galdidor/Bionicle/Jack Stone LEGO wannabes are
very annoying!  I just came home from school and on the table was the new
lego magazine.  I open it up...first page=duplo thing and some crap sets,
labled as 'stupid'.  As I was browsing, I turned pages, yelling at what junk
there is.  The Harry Potter sets were nice for pieces, other than that, I'd
throw it away.  There is about 20 pages with galidor and jack stone things,
a waste of plastic, mind you.  Think, that plastic could be used for real
lego elements, not stupid baby junk.

Wow! and to think I was looking at some of those Galidor pieces as cool
Space parts. I seem to remember a big backlash when Bionicle was released.
Now some of those "useless" Bionicle parts are sought-after Space accessories.

I'd love to see Classic Space and
Castle come back, maybe in different forms, but at least we would have
ORIGINAL castle and space models, not liscensed things.  Therefore, if
anyone would like to contribute to a letter I'm sending to the Lego Company,
visit this message: http://news.lugnet.com/dear-lego/?n=4089 and post what
you want to add, I'll put it in the letter, print it out, and send it.  I'm
mad at LEGO, I want the old LEGO Company back, not the company I see that
looks as if it's run by monkeys wearing diapers.

Tell you what... I'll just skip over the majority of the responses that I
would like to post, and just suggest that you take this thread over to
.dear-lego.

~Dan
http://lsa44.cjb.net
http://brickshelf.com/gallery/the-lsa/

-Duane
FUT: lugnet.dear-lego - Keep it where it belongs....