 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 9211
Re: Connect Four game issues
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Tue, 16 Sep 2003 13:52:48 GMT

I think all it would do is blow out the fuse somewhere in the CO.  Would it even
damage the line card, Mario?

Contrary to what Calum may lead you to believe, I am no expert in the field...
but I'll toss my 2 cents in anyway:

My bet is that the linecard etc. would survive just dandy.  These things are
designed to be connected to wires strung along telephone poles remember
(lightning strike city).  This is not wimpy "electronics" you pick up at
Futureshop or Best Buy for $9.99 (after mail-in rebate) that needs to be
replaced in 2 years.  Central Office equipment ROCKS.  You can even completely
upgrade its operating system with zero downtime.  Ok, actually something less
than 10 seconds.  It's all pretty amazing stuff that we all take for granted.

Mario

P.S.  Does anyone out there hate stupid mail-in rebates, or am I the only one???
Grrr.....