 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 9154
Re: Connect Four game issues
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Mon, 15 Sep 2003 15:47:49 GMT

I guess (and I here Mario and Iain complaining already) the precision for
Connect Four is less than the precision required for Project X.

:)

On one plane it's easy, but the other is a little bit more tricky, I supose
(since the chips are thin).

That looks right.  We need to be more specific-including where I can physically
grab onto the board the entire game.  We can't leave the board freestanding.  IT
has to be sort of like the tower next to a rocket-there's all sorts of arms and
walkways attached to the rocket--same thing, each robot needs places to hold
onto the gameboard and those palces need to be defined.  I'm not above drilling
pin/axle sized holes in the gameboard for this purpose.

Huh?  Why does the robot have to grab onto the board?  If you want to do that,
just say, you can grab onto the left side of the board (as per ASCII diagram).
No holes needed, you just make a spring loaded pincer or something.  That's no
biggie.

I hope so.  I spoke to Mario this morning (about PICs) and he's interested too.
Most people at the dinner were interested.

I just need a programmer.  :)

    Iain (who always loses at board games)