 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 9152
Re: Connect Four game issues
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Mon, 15 Sep 2003 15:44:40 GMT

In lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, Iain Hendry wrote:
I want to point out that it'd be pretty easy to zap someone you didn't like by

Steve gets free RCXes from all of his sumo contests, don't worry about that :)

I remember reading this thing on a dial-up BBS AGES ago.  It was "101 things to
do with your 2400 baud modem" (when 14.4's were the rage).  One of them that
made me laugh to the point of pain was "buy a lamp cord, hook it up, and send
someone you hate some voltage."  Another was "Glue it to your computer and

I think all it would do is blow out the fuse somewhere in the CO.  Would it even
damage the line card, Mario?

I was using a 1200 when 14.4's were the rage.  It was truly pathetic-a toss away
from Bell Canada from mainframe service.  Finally I got a SupraFAX14.4 Class1.
Man, it was super-deluxe-I miss its beautiful front panel which showed you line
DTE connect speed, carrier speed, compression mode, fax group mode, retrains,
answer status (ie, it showed the AT codes like RI, AA, CD on a two character
pixel thing).  I had it hosted off my GVP ioExtender at 57.6K (because the Amiga
8520 UART couldn't hold that fast) and it was sweet.

PS - I'm not the biggest Strong Bad fan, but it was everything I could do to
keep from laughing out loud this morning at my desk from that link you

Oh man it was hilarious.

Calum