 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 9178
Re: Connect Four game issues
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Mon, 15 Sep 2003 19:18:50 GMT

In lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, Rob Stehlik wrote:

a) Mechanical Interface for "Your Turn".  I don't think it can be as crude as
Chris suggests.  I'm thinking it should be poking an axle through a predefined
hole OR shorting a motor output into a sensor in.

I don't see hwy this has to be so complicated. Why not just hook up your homing
sensor to the other guys RCX? That way when you park your robot after moving,
the other guy knows its his turn. For a human interface, the robot could beep
when its done, and the human could press a touch sensor when they are done. I
really would like to avoid wasting a motor port for communication.

<snip>

Rob

I like this the best--touch sensor for when your 'bot is in the 'home'
postition--i.e. 'off the board'.  Your 'bot will probably use it, and you can
run a wire to the other 'bot.

Done and done.

The part I'd think would be fun if a 'bot 'accidentally' hit the home button,
but then moved back across the playfield, hitting the other 'bot in the process
:)

Dave K
-who will be building in bumpers around his gantry 'bot just in case he hits the
other 'bot.