 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 9148
Re: Connect Four game issues
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Mon, 15 Sep 2003 15:04:01 GMT

Chris suggested it should be as simple as slapping someone's hand.  I reject
that because there's lots of latitude in interpreting that.  My belief is that
we need a strict standard.

Ahh, yes, the glorious art of handshaking.

I want to point out that it'd be pretty easy to zap someone you didn't like by
sending them some voltage with a hard-wired output-to-input method.  :)  But I
like that one the most, I think.  It forces people to sacrifice an input and an
output, but maybe that's a stipulation that has to happen.  It probably does,
becuase you're right about the IR stuff.  The more I thought about it, I can see
how there'd be problems with that.

I remember reading this thing on a dial-up BBS AGES ago.  It was "101 things to
do with your 2400 baud modem" (when 14.4's were the rage).  One of them that
made me laugh to the point of pain was "buy a lamp cord, hook it up, and send
someone you hate some voltage."  Another was "Glue it to your computer and call
it a tumour."

    Iain

PS - I'm not the biggest Strong Bad fan, but it was everything I could do to
keep from laughing out loud this morning at my desk from that link you posted.
Priceless!