 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 9147
Re: Connect Four game issues
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Mon, 15 Sep 2003 15:16:24 GMT

In lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, Ralph Hempel wrote:

<snip>

The board is pretty much symetrical from the front and back. I think
that each bot should stay on one face and side, that way we don't get
in each other's way...see incredible ASCII art of top view of board here:

        XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
                               XXXX
0000  [====================]  XXXX
0000
000000000000000000000000000

The O's and X's represent the individual player spaces. Blanks are
forbidden zones when your robot is not actually playing. to give the
other guy some space for his part dropping gantry.

<snip>

Ralph (getting interested)

That was the first thing I thought of--if you design your 'bot on a gantry
system, your hopper/dropper would have a home position to the "right" facing the
gameboard.  In this fashion, no matter which side you place the 'bot on, the
hopper/dropper for each 'bot would be on opposite ends of the playboard.

As for signals,  well, I have no idea.

Dave K