 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 9191
Re: Connect Four game issues
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Tue, 16 Sep 2003 00:58:38 GMT

Bruce Sheridan wrote:

IR works very nicely and consistently.

no it does not!

for the most part with a head to head robot. YES.  but some place NOT in you
basement, under not ideal conditions.....

If we're worried about interference from other competitions we could place just
about anything in the path of the IR and we'd be okay.

For a manual/debug mode just use message 1-3 and the remote.

Simple, safe and easy.

and what happens IF/WHEN  I send a "your turn" signal, and you miss it?  then what?

who's to say you even sent it?  how can we tell?

clearly this game is not for the novice.  many of us have a few RCXen.  heck, if
your so worried about your precious sensor port and motor ports, then use a scout
to run the "your turn"(tm)  routine.

Chris
"It is a very clever strategy IMHO, and I applaud Chris for thinking of it."  K.C.