 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 9212
Re: Connect Four game issues
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Tue, 16 Sep 2003 13:59:39 GMT

Hmmm... rtlToronto has these games to "show and tell" and thus learning new ways
to build stuff. Or at least that's what they claim :) This way it would be
pretty limited with all robots looking somewhat alike?

That's a good point. Although I could counter it by saying that in the real
world engineer's are always having to conform to standards that have already
been layed down and fit things to other thing's that have already been built.

Well, there still is the standard that connects the 'bots to the game board.

And what happens when the 'bot that's parking is moving slower then the one
that's taking it's turn? :)

You build in a time delay.

What I've read so far indicates that the game will take too long as-is...

Connect four with a twist of sumo? :)

Yes! Let's form a splinter group for Sumo Connect 4 and then when we're done

SUMO JENGA!!!

Interesting.

So this is what happens when .technic is too slow, we "take over" other folks
newsgroups :)

I agree. Technic has been boring all year. Probably because I haven't been
releasing any new models :-).

Yeah, the microwalkers we're cute but just don't talk to me in the same way a
complex machine that actually look good.

I have not been building much this summer (if stamina and muscles don't count)
but hope to get back to the brick soon. I'm sorting, sorting and sorting...

/Tobbe