 Off-Topic / Debate / 23262
Re: Corporal punishment (was rah rah, canada!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Thu, 5 Feb 2004 17:36:03 GMT

Must have been a big couch!

Yes, though I remember things being a bit crowded, but obviously the only
way I was remotely going to get any sleep was to share the couch...

How did your nephew lead into the fit without reminding you of what he was
seeking?  I think I'm not getting part of the situation.  Also, what would • have
been his alternative sleeping arrangements?

I don't remember many details. I was trying to put him to bed in his room.
I'm thinking that he wasn't communicating well about the agreement. I
honestly don't remember what triggered me remembering it.

Was it eye-opening only to note how strong the child's sense of justice
regarding your agreement was?  Or in that you didn't know what a pain a
tantruming kid could be?  Or something else entirely?

Eye-opening in the strength of sense of justice, plus remembering an
agreement. Also in the fact that the tantrum ended instantly when I realized
the problem and made good on my earlier agreement.

When my sister got home, I think he went into her room. Perhaps that was the
failure in communication, he may have thought it obvious that when he needed
a little comforting that he would sleep with mom, or uncle Frank.

Frank

p.s.

To a several people - sorry for e-mailing you responses. I have recently
upgraded my laptop at work and am now using Outlook Express for news group
reading instead of Netscape Communicator. I keep hitting Reply not Reply
Group.