 Off-Topic / Debate / 23191
Re: Once again, even with all our problems, Canada--a great place to live...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Wed, 4 Feb 2004 16:55:19 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Scott Arthur wrote:
In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Scott Arthur wrote:

<snip>

Not in my part of Europe! Like you, in the UK we prefer more subtle ways of
exploiting women to sell cars etc.  Even the "hello boys" WonderBra advert
was withdrawn in the UK. <http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/1293583.stm This> is
about as controversial we have gotten.

Scott A

*cough* Page 3 *cough* (1)

Dave K
-not that it's a poster,

Indeed.

but I bet it sells newspapers, so any 8 year old in a
coffee shop paging thru a legally purchased at any age paper can catch a gander

8 Year old Canadians can even see it online:
http://www.thesun.co.uk/

;-)

Scott A

Ahh, the loverly internet...

(not that Page 3 is a bookmark in my browser... ;) )

That said, newspapers in Canada are not legally allowed to show topless models,
even in adverts, if these newspapers are sold to the general populace.

So there you are.

Dave K