 Off-Topic / Debate / 23201
Re: Skin (was: Re: Once again, etc.)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Wed, 4 Feb 2004 17:46:22 GMT

<snip>

Even if I concede that breast preoccupation is a result of cultural
fetishism, it is the decision of the culture to consider them that way and
therefore they {are} that way.  Any behavior to the contrary is not normative
for that culture. Perhaps it is different in other cultures, but how is that
relevant?

Insofar as at one time the female ankle was considered sexual 'cause that was
the part that was 'always covered up'.  Making laws based on this type of sexual
arousing 'finnikyness' seems very much inappropriate.  You have women exposing
their breasts in public places for one generation, and they will not have the
same sexual impact that they have in this age, just like ankles.

<snip>

[JOHN]

Dave K