 Off-Topic / Debate / 23179
Re: Once again, even with all our problems, Canada--a great place to live...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Wed, 4 Feb 2004 10:21:16 GMT

   http://www.canoe.ca/Columnists/sa.html

Spanking, within ‘common sense’ reasons, is legal, according to the Supreme Court of Canada. You can’t use a shoe aor a belt, you can’t hit the kid in the head, can’t spank if they’re under the age of 2...

In the UK we are allowed “reasonable chastisement”, but it is not something I condone. I have 4 kids, and I’ve never even thought about it; although I have been bitten and nipped by them at times.

As an aside, in Europe you probably couldn’t go a block without seeing some marquee or billboard without seeing an advert with a topless model selling something... what is it about North America?

Not in my part of Europe! Like you, in the UK we prefer more subtle ways of exploiting women to sell cars etc. Even the “hello boys” WonderBra advert was withdrawn in the UK. This is about as controversial we have gotten.

Scott A