 Off-Topic / Debate / 23247
jj: only in america?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Thu, 5 Feb 2004 11:49:49 GMT

   In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Thomas Stangl wrote:
   John wrote:

   Seems to me that it was JJ’s immorality that was perpetrated on everyone else!

   Wrong. We ate dinner during the half-time show and we (thankfully) missed the whole thing (Of course I knew that the half-time show was being produced by MTV so the plan to deliberately miss it was long in place). Found out about it that night on the internet.

You mean you don’t eat dinner in front of the TV! What kind of parent are you? Next you’ll be saying you eat around the same table and talk to each another! You degenerate! ;-)

The JJ incident you mention was reported with astonishment on the normally earnest evening news programme I watch (Channel 4 News). They were so shocked they showed it at least 3 times and once again last night (stills only) as her “apology” gave the story legs.

I have to admit to calling my wife to see what happened. Her comment: “only in america”.

   Then SHUT UP! You have nothing to complain about, it didn’t “affect” your kids at all (unless you’re letting them watch as you surf to pages on the incident to ogle over it, as you seem to have done).

The incident is only emblematic of a larger problem in our society-- namely the growing incivility of Americans towards one another.

Is there any way we can link this problem to Bush?

Scott A