 Off-Topic / Debate / 23237
Re: Once again, even with all our problems, Canada--a great place to live...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Thu, 5 Feb 2004 02:22:22 GMT

John wrote:

Nowhere in any of my posts did I even remotely infer this.  Clarify please.  I
have a wit that may not come across sometimes in posting, but I would never
think this.

It is my assertion.  Somebody (Talking JJ and "righty";-) who willingly (hmmm,
why the pastie?) and knowingly (live TV) violates public decency laws and is
basically snubbing their nose at society.

FYI, while I didn't see the show, I saw a page on the Drudge Report on it (my only
exposure to it).  It wasn't a pastie.  Pasties cover.  It was a nipple-sunburst
jewelry piece.  Matt's page was incorrect - the nipple was NOT covered, it was
pierced, holding the sunburst (which only partially covered the aureole) on, and was
in full view.

I now pause while John's head explodes ;-)

As an aside, in Europe you probably couldn't go a block without seeing some
marquee or billboard without seeing an advert with a topless model selling
something...  what is it about North America?

Maybe the question is "what is it about Europe?"

Yeah, what is it about Europe, that it doesn't have wedgeheads like John that freak
at the slightest view of skin, and want to force their morality on everyone else?
How DARE they be so personal-freedom-loving!

Wrong.  We ate dinner during the half-time show and we (thankfully) missed the
whole thing (Of course I knew that the half-time show was being produced by MTV
so the plan to deliberately miss it was long in place).  Found out about it that
night on the internet.

Then SHUT UP!  You have nothing to complain about, it didn't "affect" your kids at
all (unless you're letting them watch as you surf to pages on the incident to ogle
over it, as you seem to have done).

Don't go looking to MTV to instill morals and decency into your kids.

lol The very antithesis of morality and decency!

Um, yeah.  Right, whatever.  You certainly have your panties in a major bunch.

But people seem to think that it is fine to expose 7 year olds to sexually
explicit content matter.  I don't.

That's fine.  Do so with your kids.  But quit preaching at everyone else and trying
to force YOUR idea of what "sexually explicit content matter" is on them.

I'll say it again, if you ever became president, it'd be time to seek citizenship of
some other country.  I don't stomach Preachers trying to force their views of
everything under the sun on me.

--
Tom Stangl
*http://www.vfaq.com/