 Off-Topic / Debate / 13281
Re: Debunk this?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Sat, 29 Sep 2001 10:26:07 GMT

You did not pose a question(?).

Really?

Do you reject the original UN resolution creating Israel and designating
Jordan as the Palestinian homeland? Yes or no, please.

What is your point?

You didn't answer that question.

Oh yes I did. (in a pantomime tone)

Are you saying the none of the land Israel is on legally
belongs to them. I agree that some of it does not, but I am pretty sure some
of it does.

So you agree Israel has a right to exist, then?

Still waiting on an answer to that.

I suspect (but can't confirm
since Dan hasn't said) Dan does not feel that way at all.

Myself I go back to the pre Israel settlers, if they bought land legally
(which is an open question) and were the majority in a region without
forcibly driving the previous inhabitants out, they ought to be able to
constitute what government that region has. Or so others say about other >>areas.

But what about international law?

What about it?

Why not apply the same rule to settlers in
the USA?

We should.

How fair was the way some them got their land?

It wasn't and it should be undone. Which I have said before.

Indeed, and I have said before it would be a great issue for the LP to work on:
http://news.lugnet.com/off-topic/debate/?n=11386

Scott A

++Lar