 Off-Topic / Debate / 13050
Re: Debunk this?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Fri, 21 Sep 2001 21:38:23 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Daniel Jassim writes:
This seems to have sort of slipped away from discussion...

http://www.nationalreview.com/comment/comment-stillman092001.shtml

I wonder if Scott A. or Daniel J. might be able to debunk this for me?

Well, I'm not sure where you're going with this, Larry.

In my delight that you admitted that the PA censors without needing to be
prodded as much as usual, I forgot to follow up on the rest of the
article... you focused on the censorship of the press part and admitted that
it is true, although you pointed out that the Israelis do the same. That was
a small sliver of what the article alleges.

If I admit that Israel isn't perfect (and it is NOT by any means perfect, it
has GOT to improve in a lot of areas) in its application of the rule of law,
and that the US isn't perfect in ITS application of the rule of law,
(something which I have written volumes on here in the past) will you in
turn admit that these statements, made in the article, which you didn't
debunk yet, are true:

"But censorship is highly consistent with the regime of the PA, a terrorist
dictatorship that executes terrorist attacks against Israel, incites hatred
and violence, and praises terrorist murderers of Americans. It controls all
media, newspapers, television, radio, which are conduits for government
propaganda. Arafat's official newspaper Al-Hayat Al-Jadidah serves as the
voice of the Islamic terrorist groups Fatah, Hamas, and Islamic Jihad."

Is it or is it not true that Al-Hayat serves as the voice of Hamas?
Is it or is it not true that the PA incites terrorist acts?
Is it or is it not true that the PA is a terrorist dictatorship?

Maybe the path to peace and freedom for Palestinians is to see radical
change in how Israel conducts itself, ripping out those detestable
settlements of fundamentalists that they seem so enamored of, and at the
same time take down the current PA and replace it with a peaceful,
democratic, and freedom loving one?

Palestinians certainly have gotten a raw deal. But they deserve far far
better than the PA.

Or is it your assertion that the current PA is more peaceloving than Israel,
more democratic, less cronyistic, less violent, more just, and with better
developed safeguards on human rights, in short, less of a menace to world
peace than Israel?

I'm certainly still interested in any debunking you might be able to yield.
Mailing me more large and gruesome images that I didn't ask for won't debunk
anything though, so you can save your bandwidth there.

I'm ready to admit Israel needs to change, radically, and fast. Are you
ready to admit that the PA is a terrorist organization?

++Lar