 Off-Topic / Debate / 13168
Re: Debunk this?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Mon, 24 Sep 2001 17:51:47 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Tom Stangl writes:
Did I ever threaten any specific person in here with direct violence?  No, >but I got threatened by cowards.

Who threatened you? Maybe I missed it.

Showing your stripes again - hiding behind insults.

I'm not hiding behind anything, I'm here whenever you want to follow through
on YOUR OWN statements. Stick to the facts: You got rude, I drew a line, you
insisted otherwise, I said prove it, you called it a threat, I called it
taking someone at his word. So who is the coward, Tom?

I am far from a coward.  If something really matters to me, I'll defend >it/myself.  You aren't worth it.  Quite the opposite.

Then why did you insist that you'd treat me rudely in person? And why did
you flake out and act all delicate after I called your tough-guy bluff?

A weakt example, I'll admit, but good enough for me, because of past history:

For the record, America and Israel ARE NOT the root of all evil, I NEVER
said that and I NEVER thought that, and now if you or anyone else want to
keep saying that then go f*** yourselves! Simple enough for you?! And I'll
be more than happy to explain this in person to anyone who doubts my
sincerity on what I just said.

Adding that with the way you threatened me with bodily harm if you had a >chance to speak to me *in person*,

Very thin on the facts. What bodily harm did I threaten to inflict on you in
any of my posts? The bottom line is you were constantly rude on-line to lots
of people (you even admitted this), and I reminded you that you can only get
away with it here. Someone had to draw a line, I stepped forward because I
felt you went too far. Instead of being reasonable, you continued your
petulence so I leveled the playing field. Now you're playing the victim.
What a crock!

and I myself see this as a threat to anyone willing to speak their mind to a >bully like you.

As you wish. Speak your mind but why make up lies about me? I admit my
stupid comment came from frustration at being the target of distortion. If
someone wants to hide at home and make up lies about me, even after I made
myself clear about something, that's the way I react. Sue me.

Dan, you've repeatedly shown that you have almost no control over your >emotions at all.

Look who's talking! But maybe you're a reformed man now, Tom, and we've seen
the last of your snide, knee-jerk remarks that I took offense to.

If someone speaks against your cherished ideas, it doesn't take long before >you're foaming at the mouth (if you can't see the style of your writing in >many posts as foaming, you need to look again).

It's not the disagreeing with cherished ideas that riles me, it's when
someone goes after me as a person specifically, rather than sticking to the
issue at hand.

You either need to chill out before hitting Send, or admit that you don't >control your emotions very well.

Sure, I admit that I get upset whenever someone shifts the argument to
personal attacks and lies.

Or make insults and threats against me and others for bringing this
to your attention (which is the most likely response from you, judging by the past).

You know where you stand with me, Tom. The ball has always been in your
court to walk-the-walk after talking-the-talk. I also think you're not worth
it and you cannot deny that I made specific clarification that I had no
intent of seeking you out or harming you.

Dan